* Is the agent registered to practice as an athlete agent in the state the athlete’s state?
* Has the agent been disbarred, suspended or disciplined by a bar association or players’ association?
* What is the agent’s fee?
* How will the agent prepare the athlete for his professional draft?
* Is the agent getting kickbacks on referrals?
* The agent has a lot of clients; does he have enough time to dedicate to the athlete?
* What will the agent do if things don’t go according to plan?
* What kind of endorsement opportunities might the agent present?
* Will the agent provide any assistance with retirement planning?
Alvin Greer does a great job expounding upon this questions and others that athletes should be asking potential advisors/agents instead of the common question of, “How much money will you throw me up front?” Check it out and leave your comments below.
Good Questions To Ask A Potential Sports Agent from Sports Agent Blog – Sports Agent News, Sports Business, Sports Law, Sports Contract Negotiations, NCAA Rules and Regulations.